Monday 18 July 2011

Thing 5 Reflective Practice

Reflective practice is one of the key areas of my development.  I have completed CILIP Certification which involves using this practice.  I see this as a method of evaluation in which I can learn and develop from my own experiences.   This can be done while doing the task or looking back at it after completion.  The key point for me is critical analysis, what I'm doing, why I'm doing it and what areas could be improved.  

Using reflective practise over Things 1-4 I would have to admit because I started late I was keen in getting up to date therefore have not spent enough time doing my research especially looking at other blogs.  This is an area I know I will improve on over the course.  I have done some research it is just that there is a vast amount of information I can learn from especially form the other participants of cpd23 but I need to get some sort of order otherwise it can be information overload. I have learned from past experiences doing your homework at the beginning can save a lot of time.  I will now put my research before my getting up to date as I can see it will be more productive. 

I will over the coming weeks look at more blogs related to cpd23 and subscribe to some in order to learn from.  This will include using RSS feeds, Twitter and Facebook more efficiently.   I am now thinking more about my personal branding and ways to improve it although at present I think I prefer the anonymity.

What I have learned so far is not the introduction of social media as I was already aware of most of it, but I am now looking more at utilising the resources available. 

I am glad I have signed up to Things 23 as I am already improving and looking more closely in some areas.  I see the potential for my personal development which I will use towards Chartership.  I am aware of the amount of information available which I plan to use in my current working position.   



       

No comments:

Post a Comment